Saturday, May 26, 2012

The People in My Dreams

Dreams can seem so real.

With so much on my mind lately, family members and friends have been floating in and out of my subconscious.  They have their own stories and either their troubles end up being fixed with a happy ending or with a very sad one.  A few nights ago, my husband said I was laughing in my sleep.  He said it was the strangest laugh he had ever heard.  I told him that was because it was not a laugh at all.  It was hysteria because I was having a dream in which I was having a severe meltdown.

It is no wonder that I do not wake up rested when I dream with so much energy.  Once I broke my thumb in my sleep because I was going up for a rebound and hit it on the headboard.  That is really beside the point though.  I guess when you have a lot of people in your life whom you love and care for deeply, you are bound to be thinking of them a lot and if you are a dreamer, be prepared to fix all of their problems in your sleep.

When I wake up from these dreams and am faced with reality, I am either relieved or saddened depending on what happened in my sleep.  They all seem so real.  Not a day goes by though that I just wish it would all be better in the morning.

To all of the people in my life, I love you all and I am praying for you all the time.  I will do anything in my power to help your hurt go away or to help you when you are in need.  Please take care of yourselves!
Never be afraid to ask for help.  I love you all (can't say it enough)!

1 comment:

  1. One belief in Jewish tradition is that when we sleep, our soul leaves our bodies - dreams are what our souls do when the rest of us is asleep. And I totally get you about bringing everything into dreams. It happens to me. A lot.

    ReplyDelete