Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tweenage Irresponsibility

Could someone please explain how I am being unreasonable?  Tweenager was supposed to be at home, in the door by 8:30pm this evening.  At 8:23pm he texts me "pick me up" (he is about a block away). I say I can't because I am reading with Little Man.  He says "It's too dark, I have a 20 lb book bag on and shoes to carry." How is this my problem? 9pm Little Man and I get in the car (30 minutes past when Little Man should be asleep) to collect Tweenager.  I made him put his book bag and shoes in the car (and phone) and then ride his bike in front of me to the house.  I believe this irresponsible behavior deserves a punishment.  No going to any friend's houses after school for the rest of this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week.  So, I ask again, how am I being unreasonable?  

Excuses heard from Tweenager:

"I did not want to risk getting hurt because it was so dark" There are lights on at every house, the street is not that dark.
"Friend's room has dark sheets over the windows, so I didn't know it was so dark so early" Really?
"Friend kept telling me to wait" Don't you have your own brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment